Aztec

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Happy Reunion :)

This has honestly been one of the most busy/exciting/crazy/awesome summers EVER!!!! And it is far from over :) Boss and I have travelled to Canada twice in the past month which has been so fun! The second trip was because my brother Brodie came home from Cape Verde!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH

It was kind of surreal to see him walk off that plane...
My mom's voice in this short clip of the video makes me laugh so hard. She was balling her eyes out as soon as she saw the plane in the sky haha. 

My first hugs! And him seeing Brigham was hilarious... he has changed a LOT in the past 2 years so Brodie didn't even recognize him. (btw... that outfitt Briggs is wearing is one Brodie sent home from Cape Verde haha, he got us all one...Brian's and Boston's are matching and they are just hilarious)

Now... I will admit that I was expecting Brod to be prettttyyy strange when he came home (as a lot of missionaries are).  I thought these 10 days were gonna be filled with scripture reading and door knocking haha. But he was actually pretty normal! Kinda like he never left.... 

He got right back into his guitar playing and the boys were so funny with all their "jam sessions" (Brigham's face says it all....) Brodie was even teaching me how to play the baratone ukelele and gave me one!!! So I have been practicing lots and know a couple songs now. 

But we mostly just all hung out at home as a family again this trip. It was super relaxing and so fun!!! I just LOVE my brothers. 

We did take a trip up to Calgary one day to buy Brodie a car and visit the new Calgary temple. 
It is beautiful! Brandon and Brigham were nice enough to babysit while we all did a session which was one of the highlights for sure!

We sure missed Brodie!

We had lots of fires, played lots of games (we even broke Brodie down into playing Mario with us by the end of the week haha) and ate LOTS of food..... as I usually do when I visit home. 

Boston loves his uncles!! And he did awesome on both flights too :) We are getting pretty good at this traveling business...

I love all the babysitters I have at home... Boston was being cranky so my dad would drag him around like this and he would love it and be so quiet haha. And my mother basically takes him 24/7 so it's a pretty awesome break for me. 

She took us to all sorts of fun places!!

We visited Echodale and went to the petting zoo :)
Boston loved the horsie and would giggle every time he touched him... it was so cute!!!! He already loves horses just like his mommy. 

Then we went and got ice cream and put our feet in the water. It was super freezing but he didn't seem to mind. 



He loves his Grandma Shari :) :) 

We also went swimming to the RedCliff pool which is really fun but also SUPER freezing!!!!! Brandon and Boston were the only ones that got in haha. 
Going down the slide :)

We had another successful trip to Canada and miss it already!! 
But the fun was far from over!! We flew in on Thursday and on Friday my aunt Bobbi and her family came down for a few days for a visit!!! 

We packed in lots of fun with them. We visited BYU campus....
Provo Temple...

The Trampoline park in Orem...

Reagan was such a doll and babysat one night while we went up to SLC temple with Bobbi and Randy and did a live session!! Probably the best thing ever, it was so fun. 

We did lot's of shopping and eating too of course!! Bobbi has always spoiled me my entire life and they got us a sweet wood pellet BBQ while they were here so we had delicious BBQ almost every night! mmmm....

We loved having them :) We love the Olivers!!

And now we are fixin' to go to Lake Powell here in a couple days! Crazy! 

I'll end this gargantuan post with a quick Boss update....
He is a rolling machine now :) This is a picture of him after he had rolled into the wall and hit his head and started crying haha. Such a dummie....

He eats more food then you could possibly imagine.... We go to the doc tomorrow but I am sure he is well over 20lbs now.... oink, oink!!

And this is probably the cutest thing in existence.... Boston is doing so much better grabing toys and moving around that him and Bandit have started to play with each other. They will entertain each other all day and I just LOVE them!!! They are best friends already :) 

But he is doing really good, growing like a weed and getting less and less like a little baby everyday :( 

And just for a little laugh to end the day....

I had always seen pictures of pizza places drawing awesome stuff on boxes so we tried it!! If you order online under "special requests" we said draw a cat on the box... and here it is! hahaha. I was so excited. So next time you oder pizza have them draw you something awesome too !










No comments:

Post a Comment