Aztec

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Ode to Brian!

My husband is 26!!!

Weird… we are getting so old. That means I am going to be 25 this year :( bummer… 

But Brian was very adamant about having a low key, cheap birthday (since our trip to Vegas was technically his birthday present too haha)

But you can't just do nothing… right? I made a little mountain dew cake and got the new Thor in 3D, nothing too exciting but just a little surprise!

Brian usually comes home for lunch everyday but on his birthday was a huge business expo at UVU and he was picked to man the booth, so Boston and I surprised him by going to his expo to visit him instead! 

Surprise!! (Boston would not look at the camera hah)

It was actually pretty fun for a business expo, Boss and I walked around to all the booths and stole all the free stuff (lots of candy and pens haha) and got a free lunch since Brian was part of it.

Then when he was done we went to the Pizza Factory for supper. Brian's go-to place for a special meal is usually Tucano's, but because of all the free food at the expo he wasn't hungry enough for an all-you-can-eat extravaganza lol. 

After supper we took Boston to the Provo Rec Center and we had SO MUCH FUN!!! Boston has always loved swimming and this place was quite the site! They had a big jungle gym for little kids, he loved the slides and all the steering wheels, and he was loving the lazy river too. This kid is a hoot in the water! I wish I could have taken pictures, but my camera is not water proof and you can't lock the lockers there so it was too risky!

After we were all tired out from swimming we stopped and Brent and Rachel's for cake!! These hideous green ducks are what Brent gave Brian for a gift… which he found while dumpster diving, how gross! And if you notice Boss is sucking on one so that is just… awesome :) 

Last year after I SLAVED away all day making Brian an amazing basketball/superman cake (it was one of my best yet) he went on to tell me that he would rather just have a DQ cake because they taste better haha… needless to say I was kind of devestated. But I have had a year to get over it and you know what? Buying an ice cream cake is so much easier! And it does make Brian very happy so I guess thats good too.. haha. I will just have to practice my cake skills on other people's birthdays! 

Boston is also a huge fan of the DQ Blizzard Cake….

Uncle Brent was nice enough to share his piece, which I think he ended up regretting cuz this kid can eat ice cream like it's no one's business!

Yumm!

It was yet another successful birthday I would say! We love Brian and think he is just the best! He works so hard so that I can have a house and be a stay-at-home mom with Boston and soon to be baby boy #2, which I just LOVE!  

video
He is such a good dad and Boston loves when his dad come home to play! Boss is definitely a rough and tumble boy and I don't think I am energetic enough for him haha. He just get's so excited to see his dad everyday because he knows he is gonna have so much fun!

But in other news… between Vegas and Brian's birthday my mom and brother came to visit for a couple days over reading week! We always have so much fun and get SO spoiled when they come! 

We of course ate lots of yummy food and did a little shopping like always, but this time we also went to the trampoline park and the nickel-cade! 

video
This was our second time to the tramp place and it is so fun!

Boston loved jumping high on the tramp with Brian :)

My mom would throw him in the foam pit (not very hard don't worry) and he would laugh his head off, it was so cute!

Fun with grandma! 

My mom and I stayed with Boston in all the little kid places while the boys did the intense stuff…

video
I would go and check on them once in a while though to see what they were doing, this is Brian trying to walk the tight rope over the foam pit hahaha he just really sucks at it… to be fair though I didn't do much better but I am pregnant and fat and off balance so, it doesn't count haha. 

I had fun jumping in with Boss too, that stuff is deceivingly hard to get out of!

We made it!

video
I thought this movie was funny… Boston has learned peek-a-boo and does it at the most random times haha.

:)

The boys pooped out from climbing out of the foam so much...

cheese!

Boston loves the baby basketball court haha, he is such a boy!

These pictures are form the next night at Nickel City:


We got so many tickets all together and each got a sweet weapon! We had some pretty epic battles at home. 

Mom was so good to play games with Boston while we all had fun playing laser tag and such haha but he was pretty cute trying to throw the ski balls!

We have had so much fun these last couple of weeks that the next ones are going to seem so boring!

But I did have another ultrasound and everything is still looking great! I am measuring about 4x as long as I was with Boston which is amazing news and the baby boy is healthy! I start my weekly shots next week which kinda scares me but I'm sure they will be fine :)

Boston is "walking" pretty good, he can go about the length of our living room if he really concentrates haha but he is getting better at it everyday! It is so cute watching them figure out their balance and feet. 
I let him try feeding himself with a spoon for the first time haha, It was a disaster but he seemed to have fun! 

We are all doing great and can't wait for all our next adventures coming up!!





No comments:

Post a Comment