Aztec

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Weekend!

I LOVE EASTER!!!!

I love spring time, I love the Easter Bunny, I love the message of Easter, I love egg hunts, and I LOVE decorating eggs the most!!!

My family always did traditional Ukrainian eggs and this is the first year since being married that I got us our own kit so we could start as a family :) 
My jars all ready to be filled!

tah dah!!! they all kinda look the same in the jars so it's a good thing I labeled them haha! 

I got so excited I couldn't wait for Brian to get home from work so I did one right away :) This was my first egg of the day! 

Boston approved! I was taking cute pictures of him with the egg and then he crushed it haha. I hard boiled them though so it wasn't that bad. 

Brian FINALLY got home and we got to start on the rest!! (We did this for F.H.E. the Monday before Easter)

They take a loooonnnggg time but I just love doing them! I think I did eggs from 2-9pm that day haha. With breaks of course… Boston is not that patient :)

Brian's first egg! 

Some of the finished ones! 

My two favorites!

Brian only had the patience for two haha, but he has definitely improved from last time we did them with my family in Canada! 

We had a fun day together as a family doing our eggs… and then the next day Boston got SO SICK!!

This picture perfectly depicts what our week has looked like haha (minus the crying). He had got his 15 month shots a couple days before so I was expecting the rash and fever like he always gets… but for some reason this time was so much worse! He has never been so sick :( (well ok he has but you know what I mean…) 

He is so miserable! We are so used to our happy crazy boy and all he has done all week is cry and want to be cuddled and never sleeps. Which I didn't mine for the first day but now he is driving me crazy! haha I hope this isn't some sort of preview for what is yet to come with this next boy… 

But he finally slept through the night again last night and didn't have a fever this morning so it was an Easter miracle!!

We had an Easter egg hunt this morning which was so fun! Boston came in the room and was looking at all the eggs confused and then started saying "ball" excitedly over and over again haha…. I guess they do look like balls! But then when he discovered there was chocolate inside them he got really into it!

Happy boy with "ball" in hand and chocolate on his face! 

Love my boys!

He didn't want to put them in his basket, he wanted to try and hold them all!

He was so happy when he woke and and didn't have a fever at all so we decided he could come to church haha…. well that was a mistake. He is getting better but obviously still not feeling awesome. He barely lasted through sacrament and then Brian took him home. It has been a rough week for this little boy…. and parents. 

But after church we opened our baskets from the Easter Bunny!

The nursery at our church has a little toy drum that Boston just loves so the Easter Bunny was so kind and got him his own! He was pretty excited!

video
Our little drummer boy!


video
He got bubbles too and it was so fun to play with them! He would giggle so cute when they would pop in his face but we never caught that on video :(

Brian got spoiled by the Easter Bunny too… lucky guy!

And then we ended the day with a yummy Easter feast! I made a ham for the first time and it turned out delicious… mmm.. 

I also cut up a watermelon that Boss tried for the first time and he loved it! Who doesn't amiright?

And Brian was so proud of his milkshake contribution to the feast haha… they were a nice touch I must say.

But besides our sickly boy I would say this Easter was a success! We missed our families but Ron and Laurel and partying it up in Fiji right now and Boss and I get to fly home to see my family in one week, yay!!

And here to wrap this post up are a couple of videos of Boston that have nothing to do with Easter haha, enjoy!

video
He says "yes" to any "did you?" question now, Brian thinks it's pretty funny to play this game….


video
And my children getting along haha I love watching them play together, Boss loves his puppy!








No comments:

Post a Comment