Aztec

Monday, April 13, 2015

Easter in the Homeland!

We just got back from a glorious trip to Canada! 

We started our week in the great white north with a bang!! we made the long trip up (which went very smoothly actually) and arrived on Easter Eve! So we hung out a bit Sat night then went to sleep and woke up to Easter festivities!!! 
Coming up for the egg hunt! 
Boss had a fun time getting all his eggs! He only had about a million... haha. It took a while because he likes to stop and open each egg before going on to the next, so we were here for a while :) 

The big kid hunt was pretty crazy as usual... no serious injuries! But luckily mom did a colour coded egg hunt this year, so after everyone went wild and we proclaimed a winner we had to divy up the eggs according to colour! Which is great for me because I am usually the loser with like 3 eggs in my basket haha. 

 Chocolate for days.....

I have the cutest little Easter bunnies :) 

Now I feel a little silly posting this right after some popular articles about how ridiculous Easter has become have been circulating Facebook... but let me just say this is how it has ALWAYS been at my house. So its my moms fault really... haha. 

All our easter baskets! Can you eye spy the baskets? haha. Now, the boys gifts are from both parents and grandparents... but you know what? I'm not going to feel bad! I have always felt like Easter is a more important holiday than Christmas because it is about the resurrection, so why not celebrate it the same way? Granted I didn't spend near the money I do on Christmas but still... a decent amount haha. But I love celebrating holidays and they have always been a big outrageous deal at my house! My mom claims it was only like that because I lived there so I guess I have just been born with this crazy need to have a big celebration every month haha. 

But I mean look at this kids face!! haha it is so worth it! It is so fun seeing him get so excited about his easter basket... he was spoiled, spoiled!! 

My favorite thing in the basket was the Wubble Bubble! It is actually really cool! It is a big ball that feels like a big bubble but they have a lifetime guarantee because they are supposed to be unpopable! Granted, my crazy brothers popped 2 in a matter of 20 min haha. (I think it was still too cold outside to play with them outdoors) But they were replaced and they were a HUGE hit with Boston! He loves his :)

His little cousin Aubrey came to visit and they had a blast with it too! They are hilarious...

So long story short Easter was SO FUN! But that was only one day of our week up in Canada. 
We got lots of visits from family! This is Aubrey's little brother Taysom! I love getting together with the Kay's because our kids are the same age and they have so much fun together! My mom had to work one night so they came over and we have a pizza (props to Angela for the delicious homemade pizzas) and wings (props to Dallin for the best wings I have ever had!) night and had a blast! 

Uncle Brigham was a good babysitter while we were all making the food and the kids sat and watched Frozen together... cuties :) 

But sadly a lot of the things we did while up there were places I couldn't really bring the camera. We went to the West Ed waterslide park, Swimming at the Rec center, Galaxy land, intense Go Karts, and lots of other fun filled things! I think Boston thought he was in Disneyland haha. He keeps asking to go back to the pool! 

But my favorite thing about going home is just being HOME!! I really, REALLY miss my family and I hate living so far away, so I treasure all the time I get with them the best I can. These boys love their Grandma Shari! She thinks they are ok.... :) 

We played tons of games together, my favorite is playing Settlers with my brothers. They are turds and Brigham cheats every chance he gets but it is so funny! haha. This is us posing for the game... we expect this picture to make the next box cover. 

Boss loves his uncles... and they are the best babysitters! 

Look at Boss laughing haha.... he thinks Brigham is hilarious. 

He also LOVED going to sit in grandma's car and "drive". We would just leave him in the garage (with the doors open of course) and he would seriously sit out in that car for hours. He is weird....

The week went by WAY too fast. But on my last night we had a big crab dinner! It was delicious....

And for some reason mom always buys these crackers when we have a crab dinner haha. It's usually a Christmas tradition but I guess it's an Easter one now too! 

Boss wasn't a huge fan of his paper hat but the toys inside were pretty cool! 

Last night at Grandmas :( Mom trying to soak in all the Boss while she can haha. We sure miss her! 

This time leaving to come back to Utah was especially hard for me... You think after 5 years (8 counting college) I would be used to it by now haha. But I think it was because it had been 7 months since I had seen my family which is the longest I have ever gone. But mom and dad get to come down in July so I don't have to go quite as long this time thank goodness! 

I am still hoping to go back someday but life doesn't usually go the way I always plan it haha so we will see! Just have to focus on Brian going back to BYU for an MBA first! 

But we made the trip home and it didn't go quite as smoothly at all haha. The boys were still great but poor little Banner got car sick!! After about 5 hours he completely FILLED his carseat with puke. The poor little guy.... this happened about 4 more times on our journey haha. So it basically was the best 16 hour drive ever! Let's just say you might wanna stay at least 100 ft away from my van at the moment...   

We were gonna split up the drive in 2 days again but Brent and Rachel were blessing Paisley that Sunday! So we decided to bite the dust and did the whole 16 hrs on Sat! We got home around 1am, woke up and left for St. George in the morning, made it there for the blessing, and drove back after being in St. George for a couple hours!! Our poor boys! haha. They did amazing. They took the extra 8 hours better then I did thats for sure! 

But the blessing was really great and we were glad we could be there :) I am not in the picture with Banner because someone wasn't quite over his car sickness and puked all over me in church... haha. 

But we are officially home now and I get to enjoy my Canadian bounty and count down the days until July! 

No comments:

Post a Comment