Aztec

Friday, June 5, 2015

Powell '15

We just got back from yet another fantastic family holiday to the lake!!!!

My little beach bums had so much fun :)

We went in June this year instead of August because then the whole entire family could be there! So we had 9 adults and 5 kids on there! haha it was a bit chaotic at times but so awesome too! 

It was so fun to hang out with everyone at the same time and spend some more time getting know our little nephews and niece! They all were very good and they are all so dang cute!! I mean... look at the swimsuit...

Ron went a couple days early to make sure he found and saved the perfect spot for us and he was very successful!! We parked right on a beach (which are hard to come by at Powell) and had it all to ourselves! 

This boy was in heaven! He would sit on this beach all day everyday if we let him. He is definitely a little fish. 

video
His favorite thing to do on the beach was just throw anything he could find in the water (usually just handfuls of sand) it amazed me how entertained by this he was haha. 
Very typical face of Boss on the houseboat.... haha

If you are wondering about the diaper... a few people on the boat came down with a bad case of the runs and poor boston was one of them haha. And since we have no washing machine and only a limited number of undies... back in the diaper he went. He didn't seem to mind though lol. 

Him and Vince always were asking to go play in the sand and build castles, they had so much fun together! I think they are gonna be best of friends! 

We got a new toy for the boat this year which Boss was a big fan of too! He called it the little boat...

I was so nervous about all 4 of us sharing a room and how much sleep we would all get... I thought we would all be so tired and cranky by the end of the trip that it wouldn't even be fun... but man was I wrong!!! These boys slept like a dream and we had the best time together!

We love that even when we don't have a lot of money to take our kids places yet we have the houseboat to look forward to every year, so many fun memories made here! 


This year was a bit different... with 5 kids and a pretty windy week I think Brian only went boarding once haha. It was deffinetly a more kid oriented year but I think that is how it might be for a long time now :) It is such a blast watching all these crazies grow and see all the different personalities coming out! I am a big fan of the changes... 

We didn't get a whole lot of boarding in but we went tubing with the boys lots and Boss is still talking about it! This guy is such a daredevil haha... seriously though it seems like the more fast and crazy it was the more happy he gets! He was laughing his head off and kept saying "faster! faster!"

video
His favorite was riding on dad's shoulders... I was amazed they never fell off into the lake.

He loved it so much it even put him sleep!!!! That is him sleeping with Brian while tubing! haha he is such a weirdo.....

It makes me a little nervous for what he will be like as a teenager lol. 

Banner went on the tube too!!! 

He didn't dislike it... haha but definitely not the same reaction as his brother... we will give him another year or two and I'm sure he will be right there with him! 

He did however fall into the lake with Brian haha. We were about to pull them in but their tube started sinking so Brian just rolled over and they were submerged!! He took it well... no crying! 

I have to say it is at times like these where I just absolutely LOVE having boys... they are so fun and crazy! 

We had a birthday party for Rachel on the boat and had a piñata!!!

It was Boston's first experience and I think he is a fan....

What 2 year old doesn't love candy falling from sky?!?

We had a little party for this kid too later on in the week! He turns ONE on the 11th and I can't even hardly stand it! I wanted to have his party since all his cousins would be there so I hauled all my decorations and gifts on the boat and we definitely partied hard :) I will blog separately about that because I think I took about 1,000 pictures!!! It was a Monster's Inc. theme :) 

Brian and I had a sand building contest and Spencer was our judge... there were 4 categories and I guess it was a tie since we both won 2/4 but I mean let's be serious.... we all know mine was better. I unfortunatly do not have any pictures so you will just have to take my word for it haha. 

The boys also buried Brent in the sand and thought it was hilarious... Vince starting crying when Brent broke out as a sand monster and started chasing him haha but other than that it was a good time... 

video
Uncle Spencer got stitches in his hands right before the trip so he couldn't do much in the water until the very end, so he went fishing and caught a few fishes!!! Boston of course loved it.

video
Boss has the best aunt's and uncle's and was having a lot of fun playing with them in the water. Rachel was really good to take Boss out in the lake a few times too and teach him to "swim" haha. I was amazed at how good he was doing though! By the end of the week he was floating on his belly with hands and feet in the air with no jacket! We need to find him some swimming lessons I think...

He loves the water more than anyone I know! 

The week always goes by so fast and I can't believe we are home already! And other than the driver crashing our boat 3 times on our way in to park and putting a few huge holes in it, it was a perfect week! (It was a Lake Powell employee so they will be fixing it, it was a good adventure to end on I guess haha)

When the boys got up this morning I think they were a little disappointed haha our house isn't nearly as fun as Grandma and Grandpa's boat!! 

So we will just start counting down the days until next year!! :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment